Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Spur of the Moment

This happened to me the other day...


 I went to the grocery store intending to buy smoked salmon and they didn't have any.  So, I bought a 1/2 lb skin on salmon filet.  I boned it...


cut it very thin...




seasoned in 1/3c. olive oil, 1t. thyme, 1/2t. liquid smoke, 1/2t. salt & added 1 to 2 T. soy sauce (to taste)...   


and sauteed the salmon in a preheated sautee pan of olive oil for 30 seconds.




I continued...got some peppers, eggplant, & mushrooms in a large glass bowl (or baking dish), and I marinated them in 1/3c. olive oil, 1t. thyme, 1/2t. liquid smoke, 1/2t. salt.  




Added them to the grill on HOT for 30 Seconds (there is additional step for the eggplant...)

2nd part preparation for the eggplant - after grilling, I put it in a sauteed pan heated with olive oil & fresh basil leaves for 30 Seconds.




Done in no time!  To really make it look good, I plated up with something green.  I used fresh thyme from my garden, celery sticks, and sliced grape tomatoes seasoned with salt, pepper, thyme, and fresh basil.







This was quick, easy to prepare, healthy, and GOOD!  I would love to hear from you so try this recipe and let me know what you think!   You can even add your own spin to it...






No comments:

Post a Comment